Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The eCommerce Department has an opening for a Senior eCommerce Category Manager. This position is located in Pleasanton, California. Position Purpose
The Senior eCommerce Category Manager will manage the eCommerce business for multiple product categories, comprising of thousands of SKUs. He or she will lead a team of Category Manager(s) and or Merchandise Coordinator(s) to drive overall category growth. This role requires an entrepreneurial individual with strong hands-on eCommerce experience as well as strong leadership experience. You will develop category level strategies and frameworks to grow category performance and delight our customers with the content, site experience, and assortment. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive Sales and Market Share Growth: own P&L and customer experience for multiple categories, develop and execute business strategies, drive sales and margin for Own Brands products and optimize online performance with the use of data
- Leadership: provide leadership and direction to the team
- Core eCommerce Principles: Execute onsite merchandising placement for relevant product categories
- Vendor Management: Drive vendor partnership to develop and implement growth strategies through scorecards, promotions and vendor sponsored programs
- Analyze Data: Utilize data (sales + web analytics) to measure and manage the business
- Manage Site Content: direct and implement product merchandising search strategies, make site placement decisions, enhance merchandise recommendation, product review ad video embed functions as well as optimizing all user platforms
- Manage Projects and Initiatives
- Communicate: provide forecasts, assortment plans, promotions, and strategic information to relevant business partners
How to Apply:
- A bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing. MBA a plus.
- 5 to 7 years' experience within E-commerce and/ or grocery or CPG merchandising.
- Experience managing a portfolio of digital products, websites and mobile is a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of statistics. Demonstrated SQL proficiency and advanced MS Excel. Knowledge of big data languages.
- Understand legal regulations within category management to maintain compliance with pricing.
- Ability to foster relationships, collaborate with others and work effectively in teams.
- Articulate and persuasive written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, problem solve, multi-task and deliver with good time management skills.
- Strong customer focus and orientation.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite and experienced MS Excel user.
- Experience in SEM, SEO, and onsite search
- Experience with Google Search Appliance or similar Onsite search engines
- Experience with A/B testing and user research tools such as Google Optimize, Optimal Workshop or similar tools
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics or similar tools.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER