This position is responsible for operation of mixing equipment and related equipment in the bulk receiving area and staging area to provide product for spray drying per production schedule. Utilizing mixing instructions, the operator will combine raw material food ingredients to supply spray dryers so dry product in the form of powder can be manufactured.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mix a variety of food ingredient products according to specific parameters set for each product
- Follow batching instructions and record any other required testing
- Develop an understanding of mixing operations, characteristics, limitations, and hazards
- Maintain and initial processor time/temperature recording charts for each batch of product manufactured
- Stage/prepare raw materials, enzymes, & chemical ingredients
- Keep tanks, lines and mix room area in a clean and sanitary condition
- Run forklift for staged batches and finished product out of packing areas
- Assist dryer operator when required
- Unload bulk liquids when required
- During dryer cleaning periods it will be required to assist the dryer operator to help achieve proper cleanliness and operational readiness in a timely manner
- Clear communication with dryer operators and QA technicians to ensure product is received and delivered to and from the dryer in the proper manner to assure a quality product is produced
- Replace gaskets in product lines and monitor condition of process equipment for any maintenance issues
- Follow company safety rules and use appropriate PPE and safety gear provided
- Follow GMP policies and HACCP plan protocols
- Perform in-process quality checks as well as visually inspect color and consistency of product throughout the shift and notify Team Lead or Supervisors if product appears to be out of specifications or compromised in any way
- Operate CIP process equipment in accordance with quality system procedures
- Perform daily and weekly housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and sanitary environment in the wet mix areas
- During shutdown periods some general cleaning, painting, and other maintenance projects may be assigned to complete throughout the facility
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- HIRING BONUS - $1,000 awarded after 90 day completition.
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance. Benefits go into effect the 1st of the month after hire date.
- 401K matching goes into effect on date of hire.
- Operate forklift (training provided)
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs and handle up to 100 lbs
- Flexible in duties for production requirements
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Attention to detail
- A minimum of 2 months on the job training with an experienced operator is required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Posting ID: 556640971Posted: 2020-05-21