Merakey is currently seeking Direct Support Professional - PRN
to join our Merakey IDD division in our Phoenixville location.POSITION DETAILS
ABOUT MERAKEY'S IDD DIVISION
- Be an active member of the team to assist individuals in developing a range of skills related to personal care, daily living, communication, mobility/travel, leisure/recreation, social interaction, and responsible decision making.
- Assist individuals in planning and engaging in meaningful adult activities including domestic and leisure activities.
- Implement intervention strategies when individuals experience anxiety and frustration that result in maladaptive behaviors.
Merakey supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the enhancement of their abilities and interests. Services are aimed at partnering with individuals as they become self-sufficient and live everyday lives. Merakey focuses on helping individuals find meaningful roles in their community and to feel valued as community members. Individuals are always at the core of the planning and implementation of services.Community-Based Services
- Adult Training Facility
- Behavior Support Services
- Early Intervention Case Management
- Employment (Transitional, Supported, Competitive)
- In-home Support
- Non-traditional Community Day Services/Home and Community Habilitation
- Supports Coordination
- Community Living/Group Homes
- Family/Shared Living
- Intermediate Care Facility
- Respite Care
- Specialized Residential (medically fragile, dementia, autism, dual diagnosis, problematic sexual behavior)
- Supported Living
For more information on each individual service, please visit:https://www.merakey.org/services-idd.htmlABOUT MERAKEY
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee. APPLY TODAY www.merakey.org/careers
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at email@example.com.
Requisition Number: 53698 MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!0719mrk
- Must have a High School diploma/GED.
- Prefer at least 6 months of Autism, Mental Health or IDD experience with Adults or Children in a group home or residential setting.
- Must have a valid Driver License.
- Must be at least 18 yr old or older.
- AA or Bachelor degree in Human Service Field or related with no Autism/MH or IDD experience will be considered
- Pay rate is $13.50 per hour