Merakey is seeking a Full Time Licensed Practical Nurse to join our Behavioral Health division in Beaver Falls, PA.
This is a full time position 2nd shift Sun -Wed & Saturday, 2p - 10p POSITION OVERVIEW
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Administer medication and therapeutic treatments as per physician's orders and MERAKEY policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing assessment of mental and medical status to include, vitals, weights, change in mental status, side effects/allergic reactions, etc.
- Provide care in a manner that considers the patients' rights, safety, comfort, and the overall therapeutic environment.
- Provide individualized education to residents on relevant health topics.
- Assess and develop resident medication education treatment goals.
- Provide documentation relative to patient situations and conditions reflecting of the treatment plans
- Participate in continuous quality improvement.
- Communicate with co-workers and supervisors in timely manner of situations that affect patient care or well-being.
- Assists in the orientation/training of new staff members.
- Understand and implement policies and procedures relating to medication administration, daily routines, client care and rights, safety management, and unusual incidents.
- Complete routine medical assessments on each client based off individual needs.
- Follow treatment plans.
- Complete nursing portion of discharge summaries.
- Act as a liaison between resident and outside healthcare provider to ensure continuity of care.
- Contact individual pharmacies to authorize medication refills on any client related issues and collaborate with the psychiatrist.
- Participate in weekly treatment team meeting.
- Communicate resident health related concerns to all staff in an effective manner.
- Provide in-services on medical topic as directed.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Perform On-Call responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as required.
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.Site/Clinic Based Services
Community Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-behavioral-health.html ABOUT MERAKEY
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee. Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!APPLY TODAY
Job # 53632
Graduate from an accredited practical/vocational nursing program.
Current license as an LPN in the Commonwealth of PA
Genuine interest in working with individuals with physical and developmental disabilities.