Is responsible for cutting parts or assembling the finish product according to the customer specifications (i.e. Roof Trusses, Floor Trusses).
- Secures and maintains correct parts and supplies required for order.
- Completes work area set up.
- Fits parts together in manner and in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates machinery in addition to hand tools as required to complete orders.
- Operates hand tools as required to complete assembly process. (Hammer, Wrench and Tape Measure a must.)
- Stacks completed orders and if required, may cover, label and band finish product.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Provides basic job paperwork when required.
- Maintains production at required level.
- Checks quality on materials and finished products.
- Performs duties safely and follows rules, and standards.
- Participates in safety meetings and other programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and abilities
- Minimum 9th grade education.
- Working knowledge of basic math.
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools (Hammer, Wrench and Tape Measure)
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area.
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English and or Spanish.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
Posting ID: 556641115Posted: 2020-05-21