The Field Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining customer contacts within an assigned territory or area of responsibility.
Works under general direction; exercises discretion and judgment on work priority on a regular basis; and certain degree of creativity is expected.
- Generates new sales through stores Special Orders program and Contract sales
- Runs Product Knowledge events with stores and contractors at retail locations and in the field.
- Works with stores and Contractors to generate needed project material lists.
- Fields product technical calls from stores and contractors.
- Passes leads to Account Managers and assists in the sales process when needed.
- Generates new leads by introducing and promoting new products and services.
- Generates new leads through the store Special Orders program.
- Visits Contractors and Stores in accordance with proposal schedule.
- Prepares various reports and correspondence as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum associates degree; preferred bachelor degree
- Minimum of one to three years of experience in customer service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and other software for business applications
- Preferred experience and knowledge on UFP's organization, culture, and product lines
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking.
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public.
- Demonstrated proficiency to manage multiple tasks, to set priorities, and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in general telephone and office etiquette and legible handwriting.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and oral instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to be mobile in the work environment.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Ability to apply business and lumber math.
- Works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Strong organization skills
- Be a team player and support the Company's goals
- Conducts in a professional manner
- Ability to pass a drug test
Posting ID: 556641146Posted: 2020-05-21