Job Description Facility: Mercy Hospital of BuffaloStatus: Part Time w/Benefits Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: 4a-12p, 5a-1p, 530a-130p, 6a-2p, 7a-3p, 8a-4p, 9a-5p, 11a-7pShift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.600000:Summary:
The Registered Nurse in the Ambulatory Surgery Unit focuses on validation of existing information and completion of preparation of patients both physically and mentally for their surgical experience. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate quality care to the patient in the Phase II Postanesthesia Environment. Prepares the patient for self or family care or for care in the Phase III or extended care environment. Participates in patient / family education.Responsibilities:
- Currently licensed in New York State
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing
- Certification - Basic Life Support
- Ambulatory Surgery Nursing Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year experience in an acute care hospital preferred.
- Ambulatory Surgery Nurse experience preferred
- Participates in educational conferences and upgrades and maintains professional knowledge and skills related to the area of responsibility, maintains confidentiality, understands the legal aspects of the job function, adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Role includes a variety of problems to be solved under general guidelines, and calls for a variety of decisions, some of which are complex and must be referred to a resource person.
- Assists in directing a small group of employees performing similar or related tasks of semi skilled nature.
- Instructs employees, assigns, evaluates performance, and maintains efficiency of staff assigned to him/her.
- Has obligations to conserve supplies, equipment and time in a cost effective environment.
- Good mental and physical health.
- The ability to cope with stress and handle mutilple priorities is required.
- May also be exposed to communicable diseases.
Posting ID: 556641661Posted: 2020-05-21