Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
This position is for a Lead Avionics Engineer with the Skunk Works Mission Systems Avionics team located in Palmdale, CA.
Applicants should be a technical expert in aircraft electronics and wiring, with extensive experience in aircraft electronics systems architecture and engineering including aircraft computing systems and related interfaces, navigation systems, communication systems (including commercial and military), wiring and implementation. Applicant should have technical leadership experience over diverse teams and skillsets and plenty of experience with supplier management, avionics integration, test and verification in a fast-paced rapid development environment. Applicant should also have experience with software and firmware implementation on avionics systems. Applicant must be able to work as part of a team, have good oral and written communication skills, and be able to think creatively to solve technical problems.
The selected candidate must be a US citizen and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (including an investigation within the last 5 years). The candidate must possess and be able to maintain a DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain a SAP/SAR clearance.
A level 6 employee Typically has 20 - 30+ years of professional experience.
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, or relevant technical degree with 10+ years of experience leading design and implementation of Aircraft Avionics systems.
• Candidate must have familiarity with MIL-STD-516C or later
• Candidate should have technical leadership experience
• Experience with supplier management
• Candidate should have experience as a Control Account Manager
• Knowledge of AC and DC aircraft power systems
• Knowledge of computer and airplane interfaces, such as ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, discrete interfaces, RS-485/RS-422 serial bus interfaces, analog interfaces, etc.
• Understanding of electromechanical systems and their applications in airborne systems
• Knowledge of Ethernet and the OSI model; experience with Wireshark
• Working knowledge of environmental testing hardware, including methods used for electromagnetic interference testing, temperature and vibration testing.
• Familiarity with military air worthiness requirements for avionics and computers
• Understanding of fault tolerance in systems and methods of calculating reliability in complex systems
• Ability to evaluate design packages, schematics, and other technical documentation for complex electromechanical systems to derive methods for control and status in an integrated system
• Experience selecting and integrating COTS components in a rugged airborne environment to meet requirements.
• Experience translating system level requirements to the avionics subsystem level and to avionics subsystem vendors
• Candidate should be knowledgeable and technically proficient aircraft electronic and computing systems, including architecture and theory of operation, and be able to read aircraft electrical schematics.
• Candidate should be able to perform trade studies and communicate results of technical evaluations.
• Candidate should have experience across the systems engineering development lifecycle, including requirements decomposition, subsystem architecture and design, implementation, integration, test and verification.
• Experience programming in C/C++ and embedded software
• Understanding and experience in FPGA programming
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Visio
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Yes Career Area: Systems Engineering: System of Systems Integration Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off Shift: First