Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to craft, design, and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence, and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
We are looking for a Program Planner to support our Military Space Programs in Sunnyvale, CA. We have an ideal opportunity to begin and develop your career in Program Planning/Program Management. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn, thrives in a fast-paced environment, leads by example, and has the uncanny ability to influence and cultivate collaboration and teamwork, we invite you to join us.
This role will offer you the following daily challenges:
• You will collaborate with Engineering; Finance and Business Operations; and Program Management while working within the planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
• Plan projects in Microsoft Project Server from inception to completion in accordance with the Corporate Space Program Performance Management Plan with coordination from Control Account Managers (CAM's), Product Managers, and Product Owners
• You will create and maintain compliant Integrated Master Schedules which accurately and comprehensively validate contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program
• Contribute to planning process improvements within the line of business and Ground segment
• You will work with cross-functional teams to drive progress and performance, monitor changes and status, and facilitate communication between partners
• Drive execution of business rhythm to internal customers
• Generation of monthly and weekly schedule updates and reports including:
o Schedule health metrics
o Monthly management reports and PowerPoint presentations
o Critical Path Analysis in an Agile environment
o Weekly SPI generation
o Forward looking reporting related to baselined tasks
• You will assist in negotiating hand-offs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules as well as facilitating workaround planning as required
• You will serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
These job responsibilities are currently in Boulder with potential work opportunities in Littleton (Waterton campus).
• 4-8 years of prior program planning experience
• Previous experience working competitive proposals as a lead in developing the Integrated Management Plan / Integrated Master Schedule (IMP/IMS)
• Experience using Microsoft Project, Primavera, Real Time Projects or another planning application
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Familiarity with IMP/IMS, WBS, and control account structure and earned value analysis
• Experience in the application of integrated cost/ schedule techniques
• Possess excellent English communication skills, written, verbal, and presentation, to effectively communicate business cases to all levels of peers, suppliers, as well as program management
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD TOP SECRET clearance
• Previous planning/ scheduling experience in a lead role on programs requiring EVMS
• Experience with Microsoft Project, @Risk, Milestones Professional, OnePager Pro
• Strong influencing and relationship management skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
• Demonstrated ability to use critical-thinking to solve complex problems, and compile, prepare, and present information
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplines in a fast-paced environment
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Program Planning Clearance Level: Top Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First