Description:Joining the Lockheed Martin ALIS team immediately opens a world of educational and experiential development opportunities for you. Tuition Assistance is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs as wells as professional and technical certifications to help you gain the specialized skills for personal and professional growth. Professionally, ALIS IT Service administrators develop skills of our many domestic US or expanding number of International locations. For the adventurous, temporary travel opportunities allow you to provide support at other locations and aboard ships deploying with the system. With experience, leadership opportunities become available as squadron leads, technical experts, and functional personnel leaders. Lockheed Martin values you, your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This role is for an entry-level System Administrator for the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) at Hill AFB. The system Administrator is responsible for providing the overall on-site ALIS maintenance and support and serves as the primary point of contact for any customer questions or concerns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with backups, restores, and disaster recovery of the system
• Hardware/system monitoring and performance tuning
• Aiding in System/software/user maintenance and Maintaining system documentation
• Setting up administrator and service accounts
• Installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space
• Maintaining smooth, secure operation of multi-user computer systems through coordination with other administrative disciplines (security, database, network, and offboard mission Support)
This is an operational support role to an active fighter unit, so the selected candidate may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, support rotating shifts, and work over 40 hours per week-which may include weekends-as dictated by mission requirements.
Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation closure date within the last 6 years and be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
The successful candidate will:
• Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security)
• Have prior system administrator experience
• Be willing to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements
In addition to the basic requirements above, the successful candidate may have one or more of the following:
• Current Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security certification
• Demonstrated system administration experience, which may include:
o Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (e.g., Routing, Fail Over, etc.)
o Disaster recovery: backups and restores of physical servers (Win2012) and virtual machines
o User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
o Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
o Maintaining/upgrading system hardware and startup/shutdown of rack components
o Applying operating system updates, anti-virus/anti-spyware updates, and patch updates
o Experience troubleshooting Web Applications
o JBOSS (WildFly) Application Server Familiarity
o Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
o Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) systems and supported protocols
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin products and processes, to include the JSF ALIS hardware and software
• Prior fighter aircraft maintenance experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Information Technology Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 6 years Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: STANDARD: Autotime System Shift: First