Description:This position is an opportunity with the historic Skunk Works for a Technical Publications Illustrator to develop highly detailed illustrations and graphics for complex military aeronautics publications and training courseware for current and new systems. The ideal candidate will have experience developing military, or civilian, aeronautics-focused illustrations and graphics from various engineering sources such as CATIA models and engineering drawings to support development of technical publications.
The selected candidate will be responsible for developing innovative graphics and illustrations to support flight, maintenance, Job Guides (JG) and Illustrated Parts Breakdown (IPB) manuals as part of new developmental efforts supporting Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs).
The successful candidate must also have excellent creative capabilities for designing and creating illustrations to support rapid development and fielding electronic PDF products or highly complex IETMs.
Minimal travel is required, contiguous United States (CONUS) only. Home office location is flexible to one of three places; Palmdale CA, Fort Worth TX, or Marietta GA.
Must be a US Citizen, as the position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Experience in producing technical drawings, scale models, and 2D isometric art without the aid of engineering software.
- Experienced with technical illustration models, interpreting technical orders, and illustrated parts manuals and drawings using 3D drawing software and engineering software
- Experience using electronic illustrating tools (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or PTC IsoDraw)
- Experience in modeling components and assemblies; extracting engineering models from a database; and constructing isometric, exploded-view illustrations from computerized mathematical engineering models and traditional engineering drawings.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Arts, Computer Graphics or equivalent Engineering program
- Proficient in managing large numbers of graphics and illustrations, including version management of updates to these files.
- Experience using standard office software tools/ solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Understanding and wide application of technical principles and concepts, in photography, video, 3D modeling and animation
- Experience in drafting a plus, but not mandatory
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with relevant organizations to achieve the intended results
- Strong organizational and effective prioritization skills
- Ability to travel
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Publications and Graphic Arts Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 6 years Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off Shift: First
Posting ID: 556641867Posted: 2020-05-21