Description:The candidate will support design, development and test of systems in support of the U.S Navy's strategic navigation submarine programs. Tasks include: Development and Analysis of system requirements, System Architecture, Preliminary and detailed system design, Development of specifications and test procedures, Conduct Subsystem and System Integration and Test, Conduct formal system acceptance testing, Problem documentation and resolution in support of in-house and fielded systems. Additionally, candidate will be expected to support installation and training as required.
The applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation if a clearance is not currently possessed. Some travel may be a required.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline (software engineering, computer science/engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering), or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related master's degree.
• Experience with planning, organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating activities to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and effectively with little supervision.
• Knowledge in various technologies, modern networking, communications protocols, and experience with navigation principals and application.
• Experience with all aspects of Model-Based Systems Engineering including behavioral analysis, system modeling, requirement traceability, performance analysis, simulation and test automation.
• Experience generating system level, software and interface requirements using a Model-based System Engineering Method. Ability to integrate multiple system components to form a system of systems solution.
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle.
• Experience with Sensor Development.
• Experience with multiple projects simultaneously, make effective and timely decisions, solve challenging technical problems, and facilitate process changes to streamline activities.
• Experience with MATLAB for data analysis
• Experience with general purpose scripting languages
• Self starter able to multitask on numerous projects
• Familiarity with GPS, SONAR, RADAR or general signal processing.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First
Posting ID: 556641873Posted: 2020-05-21