Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Logistics team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our Waterton facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for a Material Management & Distribution Supervisor to join our mission. In this role you will serve as the Supervisor for the Denver Central Receiving and Inventory Management function. Specifically, you will be responsible for supervising the direct receipt, warehousing, and distribution of thousands of highly specialized electronic parts and systems. Materials managed and distributed by your organization support the manufacturing products made by Lockheed Martin Space such as GPS Satellites, ORION Space Vehicles, and NASA Space Exploration Missions. The work environment is exciting and fast paced and provides the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art inventory storage and retrieval systems and software. You will be responsible for leading and motivating others, delegating work and explaining ideas, solving problems, and making decisions. The ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines is essential. Manufacturing needs can, and do, change so flexibility and teamwork are a must. Your role will involve daily interaction with your manufacturing customers.
Summary of Key Duties
• You will perform as the Supervisor for the Denver Central Receiving Dock, Warehouse, and Stockroom; the Production Development Center (PDC) Receiving Dock; and for the on-campus delivery and priority drivers
• You will supervise salary and hourly workforce
• You will ensure that all cycle time goals for material processing are met following established procedures, command media, and system processes
• You will provide direction of daily operations and actively assist or provide direction to subordinates
• You will develop work assignments and assess performance
• You will manage attendance and disciplinary actions
• You will supervise tasks within budgetary and schedule restraints
• You will coordinate/lead/perform subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessments, work assignments, salary, recognition, mentoring, and career counseling
• You will ensure employee training and skills certification are up to date, assign new training as necessary
• Ensure that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures, schedules, and work plans
• To enhance efficiency, quality, and performance, you will actively participation in and implement improvement initiatives
• You will collaborate with other Space organizations to ensure timely delivery of materials to end users
• You will adhere to the Represented Employees Union contract agreement.
• Interface with internal and external auditors.
• Have a firm understanding of material management and distribution experience
• Have prior experience in a supervisory or a team lead roles either in material management or inventory management
• Have effectively supervised salary and/or hourly employees
• Effective and efficient written and verbal communication
• Must have strong computer skills including experience with an automated system designed to manage major business process such as procurement, planning, or supply chain/inventory management
• Be able to provide metric reports, requested information, completed special projects, and assignments to management as needed
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite - (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
• Must be able to work occasional overtime, evenings, or weekends
• Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Production Operations, or Business Administration
• 5+ years supervising diverse teams combined salary and/or hourly employees
• 8+ years of warehousing experience in a production environment to include Shelf Life, FIFO, Inventory Record Accuracy, Kitting and Perishable/Hazardous material handling and storage
• Knowledge of internal and external audits processes
• Active DoD Secret security clearance
• Knowledge of Government Property Management requirements (FAR, DFAR, MMAS)
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors
• Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
• Green Belt Certification
• Experience with SAP, ASRS and ATS. Basic knowledge of MRP Concepts
• Experience with Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems, HHT's, and software
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Logistics Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80B-9,9,9,9,off hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,8 in wk2 Shift: First