Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? The Army Rapid Capabilities Office and Navy Strategic Programs are experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers.
Lockheed Martin Space has an immediate opening in Englewood, CO for a senior-level System Safety Engineer Sr Staff to help field a number of future hypersonic and glide body technology insertions that the nation urgently needs. In this System Safety Engineering role, you will use your technical and leadership expertise to ensure that safety is designed into hardware and software products and that controls are incorporated and remain effective while assuring compliance to safety requirements. This role will require you to review, track, and assess hardware and software changes for hazard impacts, and develop, maintain, and update safety hazard analyses.
Your responsibilities will include the following tasks:
• Develop and update Preliminary Hazard List (PHL), Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), Functional Hazard Analyses (FHAs), System Hazard Analyses (SHA), and Safety Assessment Reports (SAR)
• Prepare presentations and participate in Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, and various working groups and safety review meetings
• Support the development and updating of System Safety documents to support Customer and Range Safety contractual requirements
• Review and provide input to test procedures for adherence to System Safety requirements
• Coordinate with test range safety teams and writing range safety reports to support testing
• Collaborate with Army and Navy safety counterparts and support weapon systems working groups
Our ideal candidate is someone with a strong System Safety background and experience or familiarity with US Army or Navy missile systems, Army launcher systems or Navy submarines, safety requirements, ordnance and software.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or related discipline.
• Experience in a Safety Engineering or related position.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
• Master's degree in an engineering or related discipline.
• Experience in System Safety Engineering with strong technical skills in performing hazard analyses, identifying safety requirements, developing fault trees, and recommending risk mitigations.
• Prior experience working with US Army or Navy customers.
• Familiarity or experience with missile systems, safety requirements, ordnance and software.
• Understanding of incident investigations and root cause and corrective actions.
• Current Secret security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First