Description:Joining the Lockheed Martin ALIS team immediately opens a world of educational and experiential development opportunities for you. Tuition Assistance is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs as wells as professional and technical certifications to help you gain the specialized skills for personal and professional growth. Professionally, ALIS IT Service administrators develop skills of our many domestic US or expanding number of International locations. For the adventurous, temporary travel opportunities allow you to provide support at other locations and aboard ships deploying with the system. With experience, leadership opportunities become available as squadron leads, technical experts, and functional personnel leaders. At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values you, your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This role is for a Network Administrator for F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) based at .
The ALIS Network Administrator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing customer service and technical assistance to users on operation, use, and maintenance of workstations and network equipment
• Provide tiered troubleshooting of IT systems and network equipment using network schematics, diagrams, and other documentation
• Support network expansion/migration and related IT projects
• Coordinating extranet equipment installations with enterprise and local communications facilities
• Providing technical and administrative training to teammates and clients
This is an operational support role to an active fighter unit, so the selected candidate may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, support rotating shifts, and work over 40 hours per week-which may include weekends-as dictated by mission requirements.
Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation closure date within the last 6 years and be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
The successful candidate will have:
• or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security)
• Network administrator experience with experience in Layer 2 and 3 Networking
• Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations
• Extensive ops and troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems and network hardware (e.g., Juniper/Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and Net Optics taps)
• Demonstrated ability to analyze intrusion detection system networks
• Demonstrated experience installation of servers, routers, switches, and network taps in a business environment
• Ability to use network analysis tools (e.g., Wireshark) to assess network performance
• Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks
• A willingness to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements
• A willingness and ability to travel for military deployments/detachments (ship and/or shore) for extended periods dependent upon operational needs
In addition to the basic requirements above, the successful candidate may have one or more of the following:
• Current Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security certification
• Certifications in the following Environments: Unix, MS-, NT-, X-Windows, Linux, CCNA
• Demonstrated network administration skills, to include:
o Ability to provide high-level network, systems administration and technology management
o Development of Standard Operating Instruction and other training skills and training material development experience
o Knowledge of spanning technology in switches
• Experience working in military environment
• Ability to be flexible in working with dynamic mission requirements
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin products and processes, to include the JSF ALIS network hardware and software
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 6 years Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week: Autotime System Shift: First