Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking an engineer with Flight Performance Analysis background who is coachable and willing to learn.
Candidate will utilize air defense missile system models and simulations to produce engineering analysis data for design support, performance verification of hardware/software configurations and flight test preflight analysis, and performance-related risk assessments. Familiarization/Education with aerospace flight vehicle performance principles is necessary; experience with missile air defense systems is preferred. Utilization and tailoring of post-run analysis scripts and tools is necessary.
The chosen candidate will perform:
• Analysis of missile and fire control system performance against tactical and flight test targets for air and missile defense system program using a complex 6-DOF (Degree of Freedom) simulation.
• General mathematical modeling for 6-DOF missile simulations.
• Development and maintenance of data reduction and presentation tools.
• Reduction of simulation data and development of presentations used in internal and customer briefings.
• Must possess a Secret security clearance or higher.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience or no experience required with a related Masters degree
Experience with the following:
• Flight performance prediction methods.
• Higher order computer programming language, such as FORTRAN, C, or Matlab.
• Excellent communications skills are required.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
• Running missile simulations.
• Hardware-in-the-loop simulations.
• FORTRAN or C++ fluency.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First
Posting ID: 556641955Posted: 2020-05-21