Description:This is for a full-time position located in Owego, NY. Candidate will be specializing in Structural and Thermal analysis, design, and validation work on various military avionics hardware programs. This role will require mechanical analysis skills, knowledge of MIL-STD 810 testing and requirements, and familiarity working with vendors and inter-disciplinary program teams. This position offers relocation, PTO, and 401K for well qualified applicants.
Voted as the "coolest small town in America," Owego boasts a laid back, casual vibe in the midst of the beautiful Catskill Mountains.
With approximately 20,000 residents, Owego offers a variety of activities and amenities while retaining that cool, small town feel. Whether you enjoy exploring local breweries, antiquing for lost treasures, sipping coffee at a riverside cafe, or hiking the scenic Catskill Mountains, Owego has something for everyone. In addition to its convenient location along the Southern Tier highway, Owego's low cost of living has a median home price of $136,500 (compared to $216,200 nationally). While Owego itself maintains that small town feel, a short drive will get you to Syracuse (1.5 hrs.), Niagara Falls (3.5 hrs.), Philadelphia (3.5 hrs.), or NYC (also 3.5 hrs. away).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Mechanical Engineering (or associated discipline), with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain U.S. DoD clearance.
- Experience in the field of thermal/structural analysis & FEA modeling.
- Experience with ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS Design Modeler, ANSYS Classic, Abaqus, ICEPAK, Fluent and Creo.
- Experience with Abaqus FEA software.
- Experience with electronics packaging, card, box, rack and external aircraft installations is highly desirable.
- Experience performing thermal analysis of electrical enclosures to validate airflow requirements and cooling capacity.
- Ability to solve heat transfer problems.
- Ability to calculate flow rate and pressure drop for cooling of electronic equipment.
- MS / ME degree in Mechanical Engineering or associated discipline.
- Experience with Requirement Gap analysis, risk assessments and Safety of Flight / Airworthiness criteria.
- Customer / supplier interface experience.
- Experience with MS Office tools and analysis tools such as Matlab and MathCAD.
- Earned Value Management / Cost Account Management experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Mechanical Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First