Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a motivated data analyst to support the C2BMC Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) in support of developing tools and analysis of missile tracking and models. This individual will be a part of a focused technical team verifying and validating metrics, statistics and descriptive analysis of test data from Ballistic Missile Defense Systems in development in support of national security.
The candidate will perform research and analysis to identify meaningful metrics, patterns and trends from the test datasets, and use statistical methods to validate or reject hypotheses about the data. Techniques may include visualization, simulation, and system modeling to achieve the desired analysis results.
The candidate should possess technical skills to develop software tools to evaluate software, algorithms and processes used to build the Command and Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). The candidate should be able to assist test tool analysts with technical troubleshooting and analysis of test traceability. They should be able to develop straightforward solutions to technical problems discovered and offer actionable insights to C2BMC decision makers.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree
• Experience with Object oriented software
• Experience with the Linux environment
• Experience with using and maintaining relational databases
• Experience in the use of software test and analysis tools
• Currently hold an Active Secrete Clearance
It is highly desirable that the candidate have experience with BMDS elements or components, to include operational systems (e.g., Aegis, Patriot, GMD, THAAD, SBX) in either a test or operational environment; experience in the use of COTS modeling, simulation and analysis tools is also desired.
• Python programming experience.
• Bash or similar scripting experience.
• Strong sense of how data 'tells a story"
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and take the initiative to deliver optimal solutions
• Experience in manipulation of large data sets
• Development of software test and analysis tools
• Development and automation of data management processes and tools
• Strong teamwork skills
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Security+ certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: No Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: Secret Type: Task Order/IDIQ Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First
Posting ID: 556641995Posted: 2020-05-21