Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
You will be an active member of the Unix/Linux/SE Linux/HPC System Engineers-Developers-Administrators team covering multiple contracts including the HPC contract.
The Unix/Linux/SE Linux/HPC System Engineers-Developers-Administrators team is responsible for developing, deploying, and supporting the DC-MLS product and working with the contracts including THE PROGRAM to provide full spectrum support for the product and the implementations on the various contracts. You will work closely with the contract teams, users, and government to ensure the DC-MLS product meet requirements and fully support each program's needs.
An individual should have demonstrated his/her problem-solving ability.
•Develops and maintains Red Hat Enterprise Linux/SE Linux configurations
•Work with users one-on-one to solve their access and computer problems
•Install software libraries functioning in RHEL/SE Linux environment
•Monitor and modify system performance in an agile and highly flexible environment
•Apply best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time and with excellent quality
•Provide support to staff and end users to resolve issues
•Modify existing software to correct errors and/or improve performance
•Develop and execute test plans for filesystem upgrades and address with vendor support any issues that arise during testing
•Management and implementation of storage solutions
•Management and implementation of Infiniband or Omni-Path high speed fabrics, including subnet management, IPoIB and/or IPoOPA mechanisms, fabric topology and health monitoring and integration with MPI
•Management and implementation of VLANs
•Support debugging issues with the Linux kernel, including examining source code and using tools such a crash and systemtap. Ability to produce patches to fix issues, as required. Also desired is experience with applying patches and building custom kernels as required to implement functionality or address security concerns.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Excellent communication and people skills; excellent time management and organizational skills
• Solid understanding of the software development process including requirements, use cases, design, coding, documentation and testing of scalable, distributed applications in a Linux environment.
• Experience with Cisco network routing and configuring
• Programming skills and excellent attention to detail
• Proficiency in Python, Perl, Korn, Bourne/Bash, and/or
other shell scripting
• Ability to obtain clearance
• Familiarity with High Performance Computing (HPC) environment and related technologies
• Experience in a role similar to a field service technician to include replacing power supplies, memory DIMMS, PCI Expansion cards and system motherboards. A+ Certification is a Plus
• Experience updating system firmware on various system types including x86 based computer servers, HPC computer systems and storage appliances
• Experience developing system software in multi-platform environments
• Experience with Lustre, NFS, and other direct attach file systems
• Experience with Ethernet networking
• Experience with RDMA communications (InfiniBand and OmniPath)
• Experience with Infiniband or Omni-Path high speed fabrics, including subnet management, IPoIB and/or IPoOPA mechanisms, fabric topology and health monitoring and integration with MPI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Information Technology Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Shift: First