Description:*** This position is a full-time expatriate assignment which will be located in the United Kingdom. ***
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer in the Strategic Missile Defense (SMD) line of business. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter, eager to lead and mentor others in a dynamic environment, come join our team supporting a UK-based joint venture in delivering a strategic capability of international importance.
Supporting the AWE Program Management Office (PMO), you will lead and manage the following activities:
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer contract and product requirements into integrated enterprise solutions
• Assess the plan of work against contract and product requirements
• Determine business outputs/deliverable applicable supporting requirements
• Make recommendations for improvement (clarity, alignment, verification, and acceptance criteria) for lower level work products
• Use relational database to establish and maintain linkages enabling demonstration of satisfaction
• Identify risks and opportunities within and among the work plans, manage into the process and harvest the benefits
• Develop plans to on-ramp new capabilities while protecting the primary mission
• Apply Lockheed Martin's technical processes, tools and validated methodologies
• Help develop timely resolution plans of issues and ensure the validity of all associated documentation
• Use your excellent communication skills to work across AWE and the customer community to ensure consensus and understanding of solutions
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
This is an international assignment - approximate time in the UK will be 2-3 years.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
• Ability to live and work in United Kingdom
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or technical discipline and significant technical experience related to missile, launch vehicle and/or space vehicle development, combined with technical leadership experience
• Experience with Engineering and Systems Engineering development processes and all phases of development life cycle
• Developing verification & acceptance strategy and delivering through integrated plans
• Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
• Program/Project Management and/or Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience with the ability to articulate complex technical and programmatic issues to subordinates, peers, management and customers
• Demonstrated experience working on a complex, operational system program
• Strong team collaboration, communication and presentation skills
• Understanding of and experience with the Program Life Cycle and Major System Reviews process
• Top Secret security clearance
• Strong understanding of the Program Performance Management Process.
• Demonstrated competency in integrating cost/schedule and rolling wave planning.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplines and with Senior Level Management.
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Demonstrated ability to get results from teams without direct authority
• Consistent track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: Yes Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: Top Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First