Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with perfection and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important space exploration mission? Come, join our Manufacturing Planning team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter, eager to mentor others in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a Manufacturing Planner (early career) at our Stennis, MS facility. Primarily working out of the Propulsion Manufacturing Center location, you will perform the make, buy, and/or Bill of Material (BOM) planning/scheduling activities associated with the Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions supporting our programs in our Space line of business.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Perform the Make, Buy, and/or Bill of Material (BOM) planning activities associated with Manufacturing Requirements/Resource Planning (MRP) transactions
• Accomplish one or multiple manufacturing activities within various manufacturing functions
• Maintain production systems integrity to drive inventory optimization to minimize cost
• Expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements
• Coordinate with Manufacturing and Operations management to provide shop floor control on make parts, analyze and control production schedule and capacity requirement
• Create and maintain integrated, detailed master and supplemental production schedules ensuring they meet all pre-requisite requirements
• Assist with schedule execution; provide timely status and expedite or work around plans to preserve schedule
• Coordinate with Sr Level production planners and supply Chain Stakeholders including Procurement and Operations Management to determine appropriate time phased plan for procured parts
• Execute processes to ensure deliverables meet production schedule requirements
• Maintain MRP parameters including lead times and lot sizes and coordinate with Engineering and Change Board Rep to make associated changes to the BOM
• You will communicate with and provide status to managers, employees, and customers to maintain a sustainable working relationship
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
• Bachelors degree with 1-3 years of professional experience; or in lieu of a degree, candidates with at least 10-11 years of directly related job relevant experience may be considered (e.g. production planning/scheduling, supply chain, industrial engineering, or manufacturing engineering, etc)
• Understanding of Manufacturing Resource Planning methods and processes
• Knowledge of SAP
• Experience using MRP/ERP tools/systems
• Proficient in MS word, Excel and PowerPoint; and general computer skills and knowledge
• Experience using MS Project or other scheduling software
• Proven written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with managers, directors, employees and customers to maintain a viable working relationship
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
• A Bachelors degree in a discipline such as Industrial Engineering/Management, Manufacturing Technology, Supply Chain Management, etc preferred
• Lean Six Sigma/Green Belt Certification.
• Manufacturing and test processes, tools and systems experience
• Experience using SAP for managing demand throughout the Supply Chain
• Shop Floor Control and/or Inventory Management experience
• Proficient using MS Project or other scheduling software
• Experience engaging with and/or leading cross functional teams including technicians, manufacturing engineers, process engineers, quality, production leads, supply chain process owners, and program engineering.
• Experience in leading and/or participating in Lean Manufacturing and six sigma process improvement events.
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Manufacturing Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off Shift: First