Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We are seeking a Business Operations Director who will be responsible for all Finance and Business Operations (F&BO) activities for the Protected Communications portfolio which includes the Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) program and other national security satellite communications programs with annual sales of ~$300M.
In this dynamic role you will:
• Provide leadership to the program management teams and effectively manage the business portfolio functions and responsibilities in order to achieve financial commitments, including Orders, Sales, Earnings Before Interest and Taxes (EBIT), Cash, Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) and overhead expenditures (including unallowable cost), New Business Acquisition Expense (NBAE), and capital expenditures.
• Support the Military Space Line Of Business (LOB) strategy to selectively evaluate and pursue growth opportunities, defend equities, and develop/ maintain strong customer relationships, while also partnering with Finance & Business Operations across the enterprise.
• Manage a team of cost control, planning and scheduling, PPMP/EVM, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), budget development and management, Estimating and proposal support, and Contracts personnel.
• Aggressively manage and perform analysis to ensure present and future financial performance is consistent with forecasts and identifies risks and opportunities to the plan.
• Provide interface with the customer and executive management on programmatic, fiscal, and business management related activities. Directs the compilation of cost, schedule and technical elements in the development and negotiation of proposals and other contract changes.
• Maintain strong customer relationships by achieving sustained outstanding performance on existing programs.
Interface with executive level Air Force customer representatives.
• Provide active direction and inspiration to the F&BO team, with other leadership responsibilities of providing an inclusive environment, recruitment, talent management (including career development), performance assessment and identifying growth opportunities for team members through the application of the Lockheed Martin's Full Spectrum Leadership (FSL) Imperatives.
• Coordinate employee recruitment, selection and training and providing performance assessments.
This position is based in Sunnyvale, California. Interested candidates not local to the Bay area must be willing to relocate. Travel will be required, approximately 25% each month.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about our competitive and comprehensive benefits .
• Familiarity with accounting / financial practices, EVMS systems, government contracting, pricing/estimating techniques;
• Ability to develop and track program financial plans, and program management practices;
• Leadership experience and demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership Competencies;
Strong knowledge of Financial Planning & Analysis;
Significant working knowledge of program Finance & Business Operations disciplines to include EVMS, funding, cost proposal development and strong negotiation skills;
Prior experience as a leader providing guidance and direction for teams on a large program.
• US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance.
• Experience with Air Force and/or Space & Missile Systems Center customers
• Experience with international business/contracting
• Active TS/SCI clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Finance Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First