Description:This is an opportunity to work on the Labs and Technical Services (L&TS) Systems Engineering team. L&TS is a highly innovative team responsible for developing, testing and maintaining aircraft simulation systems and subsystems utilized for aircraft capability integration and weapons systems development from concept design through production and delivery.
This position is for a Lead Systems Engineer to work on the F-22/F-35 Battlespace Environment (BSE) Project. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the BSE systems engineering team to develop a simulation infrastructure that will provide a high-fidelity representation of the battlefield environment and associated threat systems capable of supporting demonstration, development and testing of OFP-in-the-loop aircraft simulations for the F-22 Program, F-35 Program, ADP and LM funded initiatives.
Systems engineering activities include providing technical oversight for: laboratory system requirements derivation, requirements management, requirements change management, system design development, system integration planning, system requirements verification and system performance validation. This position requires proactive communication and engagement with Customers and other teams both inside and outside of LM Aeronautics. Assignments may change over time as required by the organization.
This position may require unique program security clearances that will be initiated upon selection and acceptance in filling this position. Final approval of these security clearances is dependent upon the Department of Defense (DoD) and could take an extensive amount of time to be granted. During this waiting period, the work assignments directly related to this position will be limited. Therefore, auxiliary organization work assignments will be provided.
Must be a US citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. This position requires a Secret security clearance to start, with a current background investigation.
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience in leading the implementation of System Engineering practices in performing system requirements development, system design development, system integration and/or verification on complex systems
• Experience in one or more of the following: avionics sensors, such as radar, electronic warfare, CNI, or IR subsystems
• Master's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
• Experience with existing Air Systems (F-22, F-35, or Other Advanced Air Systems)
• Working knowledge regarding military threat analysis
• Working knowledge in using the DOORS requirements management tool
• Experience in development and execution of System Test Procedures
• Experience with Software development, processes and tools (i.e. Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Strong work ethic, ability to work with limited supervision, self-motivated
• Must be willing to mentor junior-level team members
• Must be willing to travel
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Models and Simulations Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off Shift: First
Posting ID: 556642141Posted: 2020-05-21