Description:The Digital Transformation Program's Design Integrated Product Team (IPT) is seeking an experienced architect to serve as the technical lead of architecture development. The Design IPT is developing a full lifecycle next-generation systems development capability that will dramatically reshape the way products and services are developed at Lockheed Martin. The candidate must excel at leading a cross-corporation virtual team, collaborating across functional, business, and geographic boundaries. The candidate must possess strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly convey the architecture to a diverse set of stakeholders - from junior engineers to VPs - both virtually, in-person, and via documentation. As a member of the Design IPT, the candidate will work with the Digital Transformation Systems Engineering, Integration, & Test (SEIT) to ensure correctness and completeness of the architectural solution and integration with the Digital Transformation enterprise architecture. Additionally, the candidate will work with principle investigators within the organization to verify and validate capabilities as they are developed and deployed. Travel is anticipated to be <25%; no="" international="" travel="" is="" anticipated="" at="" this="" time.="">
• Owns the full lifecycle system architecture for the Design IPT, including alignment & integration with business area (BA) federated architectures as well as integration of requirements, architecture, and verification in an Agile execution environment
• Collaborates with the Digital Transformation Program (DTP) SEIT to ensure alignment with the enterprise architecture (e.g., business, process, application, information)
• Collaborates with the Emerging Operational Technologies (EOT) team on technology transition and implementation plans; owns the architectural impacts of EOT capability insertion into the Design system architecture
• Contributes technical perspective on governance, program-level adoption of new technologies, design process reengineering, and next-generation operational technology development.
• Collaborates with the DTP SEIT and Design IPT Lead on roadmaps, including EOT capability insertion and business area needs
• Communicates with internal and external stakeholders regarding the future Design architecture and the benefits and requirements of - System Development methodologies.
Considered a thought leader in the area of design processes and technologies
8+ years of applied system architecture experience building
5+ years of experience executing - systems engineering/architecture, including SysML
3+ years of experience with one or more standard MBSE tools such as Cameo and Rhapsody
Experience with one or more enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g., DoDAF, TOGAF, NAF, UAF)
Experience with the development/deployment of reference architectures
Experience with engineering development processes or environments
Experience in the development of aerospace & defense systems
Design tool management and/or IT background
Familiarity with IaaS/PaaS/SaaS deployment Familiarity with Agile/DevSecOps execution methodologies, approaches and cloud technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Terraform)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First