Job ID: 526043BR Date posted: Apr. 29, 2020 City: Grand Prairie State: Texas Program: TOAR and GNC Engineers Description:Lockheed Martin is looking for a Guidance, Navigation and Control engineer to work on the premier missile defense system currently saving lives around the world. This program is part of our Air and Missile Defense portfolio at our Missiles and Fire Control location in Grand Prairie, TX, a world leader in missile defense systems.
See the impact of your models in digital simulation, hardware-in-the-loop, flight test, and in the deployed systems protecting our war fighters. Be part of a high-performing team with a track record of mission success against continually evolving threats. Develop and implement air defense algorithms and truth models in a high fidelity 6DOF simulation environment.
Come put your expertise to work pushing the boundaries of missile technology on products that make a difference.
Please see the You Tube videos below as examples of work completed by the engineers in the group.
MFC in Action
• Must currently posses an Secret Security clearance.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree.
• Experience with performance simulations of aircraft or missile systems.
• Proficient with FORTRAN or C++.
• Masters degree in engineering field.
Experience with the following:
• Development of mathematical models that represent missile 6-DoF, system radar and environment.
• Simulation development and management.
• Guidance, fire control algorithms and autopilot design.
• Scripting languages like Python or Perl.
• Experience with revision control applications (SVN, Git, RCS, etc.).
• Linux. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Models and Simulations Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First
Posting ID: 556642149Posted: 2020-05-21