Description:We are seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Will you join us in the journey?
The LM Space Supply Chain Quality organization has an exciting new opportunity for an Associate Supply Chain Quality Engineering Manager leading the Denver Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical Receiving Inspection operations located at the Waterton campus in Littleton, CO.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the outstanding performance and driving digital transformation improvements in the Denver Quality Receiving Inspection operations, ensuring supplier-provided assemblies, parts, and materials meet requirements prior to use in spacecraft and missile assembly and test. As a motivated change agent, you will lead continuous process improvement efforts and tactical Receiving Inspection operations, as well as support Enterprise-wide strategic improvements. You will lead approximately 20 hourly inspectors at the Waterton campus. You will also work closely with our suppliers and with other LM Supply Chain Quality engineers, spacecraft and missile program engineers, parts/materials/processes engineers, production operations teams, and our testing labs.
Your leadership activities for this meaningful position include:
- Responsible leader for the EEE parts and materials Receiving Inspection area in Denver
- Run Quality Inspector training/certification
- Maintain attendance and overtime records
- Prioritize and plan inspector workload based on program needs
- Support tooling and equipment calibration requirements
- Assure adherence to overhead and program allocated budgets
- Proactively interface with LM suppliers and LM support organizations
- Proactively coordinate with LM program customers as well as external customers
Typically employees in this level position will have ~ 3+ years related leadership experience
Benefits of Employment
About Lockheed Martin:
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent technical discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
• Minimum three years of experience in a Quality Assurance role
• Experience working with Quality Management Systems, SAP/ERP or similar database
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors (Deliver Results, Shape the Future, Build Effective Relationships, Energize the Team, Model Personal Excellence, Integrity and Accountability)
• Experience leading continuous process improvement efforts
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
• Ability to work non-traditional work shifts on occasion, as needed to support production needs
• US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance
- Prior experience working in Receiving Inspection, with experience managing and motivating employees
- Experience with Quality Assurance efforts in accordance with enterprise-level command media and Program specific requirements
- Minimum three years of Leadership experience over a team of highly skilled individuals,
- Experience leading diverse teams
- Demonstrated "We Then Me" mentality, developing employees, building constructive partnering relationships with customers, employees, DCMA, and other business units
- Experience working with SAP, Supplier Quality Requirements and Engineering Database Systems
- Direct experience working with Suppliers to meet technical, quality and schedule requirements
- Knowledge of root cause analyses methodologies and demonstrated experience in the development and evaluation of effective preventive/corrective action plans
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining budget allocations
- Experience working with EEE parts and materials
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First