Description:At Lockheed Martin, we're committed to the growth and development of our diverse teams of employees, from interns, to experienced professionals, to military service men and women transitioning into civilian life. Through mentorship, educational development, coaching and peer networking, we develop our future leaders. We know that to take on 21st century challenges, our company -- and our country -- will need a workforce with 21st century skills. Come join our team as we engineer a better tomorrow.
Missiles & Fire Control is seeking a Hardware Electro-Mechanical Packaging Design Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX who will be responsible for the hardware development for missile and / or fire control electronics and general packaging support.
Activity will require:
- Cross functional coordination to complete hardware design effort to support hardware integration for the designed weapon system.
- Research, development and design of components, equipment and networks for military applications.
- The engineer will be responsible for the electronic packaging of high density electronics.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interpretation of requirements, complete vehicle electronics packaging in a confined space, board outlines, component selection, interfacing ECAD/MCAD data with board layout engineers, overseeing hardware assembly and testing. Design activities to be performed within Creo 3D modeling environment. Should have knowledge of thermal and structural design principles and how they apply to electronic equipment.
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Click here to find out more about being a Specialty Engineer Lead
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Candidate must have a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
- Design experience should include chassis, electro-mechanical assembly, electrical cable and/or network design
- Working knowledge of CCA/PWA packaging design.
- The engineer must be proficient with Creo 3D modeling software, have good communication skills, and be able to work with internal and external customers.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of printed wiring board and surface mount technologies
- Working knowledge of military and / or industry hardware specifications
- Experience with cabling / harness, CCA and PWB design.
- Experience with ASME Y14.5M-1994 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Electrical Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First
Posting ID: 556642218Posted: 2020-05-21