Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a team who inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Fleet Ballistic Missiles (FBM) is one of Lockheed Martin's outstanding Lines of Businesses that prioritizes partnership, integrity and reliability. Propulsion Engineering is an organization within FBM which design and provides production/facility support for all three stages of the Boost Rocket Motors.
As the Lead Propulsion Engineer you will have a blend of technical and programmatic responsibilities and will collaborate across organizations to help meet safety, schedule, and cost. Scope of responsibility will include:
- Lead a team of Propulsion Engineers which involves open communication between customers and the team. The high level of responsibility will provide developmental, growth and mentorship opportunities to help you advance in your career.
- Technical management and recommendation for the Boost Rocket Motors, where you will partner to work root cause analysis, engage in vendor support/relationship building, and production delivery support.
- Use strong collaboration skills that can accommodate our various partners across differing geographic locations.
- Direct and manage analytical support tasks in support of hardware action items
- Collaborate with subcontract management to provide technical support, provide and participate in mentorship opportunities and professional development, all while serving as a technical interface to FBM management, systems engineering, quality, and our Navy counterparts.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Experience with production support, integration, and/or qualification of hardware components
- Experience as a hardware owner (such as Certified Principal Engineer: CPE or Subject Matter Expert: SME, etc)
- Combination of experience in: engineering project management, supplier management, annual budget proposals, technical evaluations, tracking and development of cost/schedule
- Exposure to or participation with failure investigations, root cause analysis, and/or corrective action disposition
- Ability to obtain or maintain a DoD Secret Clearance; US citizenship is required
- Missile and/or aerospace related education or experience
- Experience with FBM processes and products
- Experience as project lead
- Risk and opportunity experience with an understanding of continuous improvement concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated leadership and initiative
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Mechanical Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First