Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a team who inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Dream Chaser Cargo System (DCCS) airframe project lead will manage the manufacture of second build-to-print Dream Chaser airframe shipset based on structures engineering provided by the customer. As the lead you will oversee design engineering, configuration management, material and subcontract procurements, tooling, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering and part fabrication and assembly operations at the Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF) and the LM Aeronautics Ft. Worth Facility (LM Aero). Responsibilities include:
- Establish a cost baseline and monitor financial performance.
- Establish a baseline integrated master schedule and supervise schedule performance.
- Supervising an IWTA with LM Aero, a Production Operations Directive (POD) with MAF production, and tooling subcontracts.
- Support the DCCS Program Manager and/or Systems Engineering Lead to establish and maintain a risk and opportunity management system to identify and mitigate risks and develop and exploit opportunities to improve technical, cost, and schedule performance.
- Plan and lead staffing resources vital for all phases of the project.
- Collaborate with the customer and LM support organizations including technical coordination meetings and monthly status report inputs.
- Monitor customer communications and design changes, identify cost and/or schedule impacts for contract scope change direction, chair the program review board, and lead change proposals.
The DCCS airframe project lead will be based at LM's MAF facility and with frequent travel to the LM Aero Ft Worth facility.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
* Technical integrated product team leadership throughout the product life-cycle
* Fabrication and certification of spacecraft composite flight hardware
* Material review board activities
* Experience in supporting subcontract management
* Ability to interface with customer representatives (excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills)
* Composites manufacturing and composites joining technologies.
* Composite engineering & design tools (Catia, Fibersim, etc.)
* Familiarity with configuration control processes and tools
* Familiarity with quality control processes and tools (EPDM, Q-notes, VRICs)
* Earned Value Management Systems experience
* Control Account Manager & Risk/Opportunity Management experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Mechanical Engineering Clearance Level: Public Trust Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First