Description:The Tool and Die Maker constructs and repairs jigs, fixtures, cutting tools, gauges, or metal dies or molds used in shaping or forming metal or nonmetallic material (e.g., plastic, plaster, rubber, glass). Work typically involves: planning and laying out work according to models, blueprints, drawings, or other written or oral specifications, understanding the working properties of common metals and alloys, selecting appropriate materials, tools, and processes required to complete task, making necessary shop computations, and setting up and operating various machine tools and related equipment. Work for someone in this position also involves using various Tool and Die Maker's hand tools and precision measuring instrument, working to very close tolerances, heat-treating metal parts and finished tools and dies to achieve required qualities, and fitting and assembling parts to prescribed tolerances and allowances. In general, the Tool and Die Maker's work requires rounded training in machine shop and tool room practice usually acquired through formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
* Requires a comprehensive knowledge of machining
* Advanced shop mathematics, and a variety of precision measuring instruments
* Minimum of 3 years experience of Intermediate level repairs and/ or modifications required
* Must be proficient in reading and interpreting Schematics, Engineering drawings, Technical manuals, and Technical orders
* Must be flexible to work extended/ Multiple shifts and travel as required to meet customer missions needs
* Candidate must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
* Experienced in maintenance
* Able to work in confined space
* Documented Military/ DOD Service School or civilian/ FAA equivalent
* Current and active Secret Level Security Clearance
* Aviation Depot Level Maintenance Repair experience
* Experience with DOD aviation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CTRL (S0806) Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Technicians Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Shift: First
Posting ID: 556642342Posted: 2020-05-21