- Job Summary
- The perioperative nurse provides surgical patient care by assessing, planning, and implementing the nursing care patients receive before, during and after surgery. These activities include patient assessment, creating and maintaining a sterile and safe surgical environment, pre- and post-operative patient education, monitoring the patient's physical and emotional well-being, and integrating and coordinating patient care throughout the surgical care continuum. The perioperative nurse promotes teamwork with surgery personnel, surgeons, anesthesia department personnel, and personnel from other departments. The perioperative nurse may provide care for the neonate/infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and elderly populations.
- Job Requirements
- Required: Graduate of an approved nursing program
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Preferred: Previous nursing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership abilities
- Exhibits valuable time management skills
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Required: MO RN license
- Required: BLS must be obtained within 90 days
Posting ID: 556642460Posted: 2020-05-21