POSITION: PLANT HEALTH CARE TECHNICIAN - Commercial Landscape Management, Bronx, NY
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Lawn & Plant Healthcare Technicianto our passionate team of tree care professionals.. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day! What You'll Do:
What We're Looking For:
- Cultivate your career and fertilize your future!
- Properly diagnose insects, weeds, and fungus conditions, as well as pest shelter areas and conducive conditions.
- Communicate and educate the client regarding the diagnosis and the prescribed pest control, aerification and fertilization service(s) with customers.
- Continuously monitor lawn & plant health quality and fertilizing methods after application and communicate progress to customers and supervisors.
- Drive, use, maintain and properly operate equipment (truck and sprayer).
What We Offer: *
- Love of the outdoors
- Background and/or experiencein Forestry, Horticulture, Lawn Care or Landscaping
- Preferred: Turf, Weed, Tree and shrub ID, Pathology and knowledge of turf or tree physiology
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Qualified Plant Health Care Tech training program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Required: Valid driver's license
- NY State Pesticide Applicator's License
- $20.00 - $23.00 Starting Wage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. Visit www.jobs.davey.com to search for Davey jobs all over the country!If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or atRecruiting@davey.com
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Requisition Number: 65546 Nearest Major Market:
BronxNearest Secondary Market:
New York CityJob Segment:
Horticulture, Housekeeping, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Agricultural, Agriculture, Hospitality