Senior Software Engineer Security Engineering Tools
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you excited about Agile and working in a DevOps world? Are you the type of person who loves the challenge of designing and building world-class solutions while promoting ownership and follow-through across these critical services? Can you be a technical leader within a team driving adoption of cutting-edge technologies and methods, being Microsoft's best customer, and evaluating new products well ahead of everyone else? Are you looking for a highly inclusive and collaborative team to learn from and grow with?
If so, we have an opportunity for you. The Security Engineering Tools organization, within Digital Security and Risk Engineering, is looking for a passionate engineer to architect, design and build security solutions for protecting Microsoft assets. This candidate should have proven software development experience, ability to translate business problems into technical designs and solutions while maintaining obsession and passion for securing our software/services, automation, reliability, and the customer experience. In DSRE, the leading security org for Microsoft, our Security Engineering Tools organization manages security services end to end. We own the full stack from custom application development, code scanners, schedulers, data manipulation, data transformation, and the underlying infrastructure. We set the bar for security at Microsoft, often on the bleeding edge of technology and security capabilities while influencing many products to improve.
You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our world-wide operations. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies as the earliest adopters while mentoring other team members.Key responsibilities:
- Architect, design and implement large scale and full stack systems.
- Develop managed code to complete designs and test interfaces that solve classes of problems, enable integration across groups of components, improve reuse, and satisfy business, customer, engineering and operational requirements.
- Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Work with customers and collaboration with cross team.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help manage priorities, deliverables and timelines.
- Coach and review work of peer members.
- BS/MS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software development and design experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with multiple program languages.
- 2+ years of experience of driving deep technical discussion into service design.
- Experience in cloud - Azure Stack.
- Demonstrate passion and ability in collaborating with external teams, partners and customers.
- Solid aptitude in architecting, designing, coding, debugging, code reviewing and delivering excellent products.
- Technical passion, problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Experience with owning or driving large scale services, components or feature areas.
- Experience optimizing automation, reliability and monitoring
- Outstanding communication skills, customer focus and data driven approach.
- Design and deliver end-to-end applications and services.
- Agility in a fast paced environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.