Engineering Program Manager II / Digital Security Risk & Engineering
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are looking for someone who is highly customer focused with the right combination of curiosity, technical aptitude and communication skills to become a Engineering Program Manager for CSEO's Endpoint Protection Services team. This position requires cross-organization collaboration, engaging with stakeholders to identify requirements and objectives, and managing customer expectations.
You will be part of a high-performing security organization and will help protect Microsoft's enterprise from malicious code and software. You will foster partnerships with other security teams and organizations to strengthen Microsoft's security posture, with an eye toward enabling the business. Your ability to anticipate issues and challenges, excellence in driving for results, and cross-team collaboration will be essential to your success.
Candidates should have experience delivering on multiple commitments in parallel, communicating well with different groups of stakeholders, and effectively managing issues/risks. Candidates should be able to lead from behind to drive progress, balancing priorities across projects (business) and team member workloads (people). In addition, this position requires a self-starter who is ok making and learning from mistakes.
Oh, and there are a ton of challenges that arise every day in this job! Since we're a security team, we focus a good deal on security technologies, so a background in security is a plus but it's not a prerequisite. What's super important is that you can show empathy for customers, ramp up quickly on the business challenges and plans, and are proficient at guiding teamwork to deliver great security solutions to our partners.
The Endpoint Protection Services team is a fun, dynamic, supportive community of program and service managers who are committed to delivering the best solutions and services to our customers. We get to develop and run security services at extremely large scale, which presents challenges we love to solve. If that sounds like the right environment for you, please join us!Key responsibilities:
- Ability to work on a diverse team and with a diverse range of people.
- Maintain unwavering customer focus.
- Gather requirements from engineers and partners, design and implement a program to protect Microsoft's enterprise from malicious code and software.
- Execute with high accountability to schedule and quality, and have passion to improve, evolve and revolutionize the systems you manage.
- Create clarity about challenges, issues, risks and status to partners and executive management.
- Influence without authority with teams and stakeholders from other organizations.
- 2+ years of work experience as a Program, Product or Solution Manager.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proven interpersonal and group dynamic skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and make appropriate decisions quickly
- Ability to translate technical requirements between partners and engineers
- Ability to dive into the data and extract insights leading to service improvement opportunities.
- Ability to analyze and present complex data visually in a meaningful way.
- Expertise in Power BI and/or SQL would be helpful but is not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.