Service Engineer II, Digital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE)
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Security boundaries have changed, and identity is the new perimeter. With such a shift, there is a strong emphasis on carefully analyzing, and in many cases, hitting Refresh on the components that comprise the enterprise identity and access management platforms as we know them.
Microsoft is seeking an identity focused service engineer to join the Digital Security & Risk Engineering (DSRE) organization as we undergo the journey to ensure that the right identities get access to the right resources at the right time, protected each step of the way.
With your experience in Azure Active Directory and Active Directory Federation Services, you will help steer our own identity-centric digital transformation and support hundreds of thousands of employees as they seek to empower every person on the planet to accomplish more. Key responsibilities:
- Provide engineering and operational support for a highly visible Identity platform.
- Drive increased efficiencies through automation.
- Own, triage, investigate and resolve service issues.
- Constantly focus on innovation to enable product improvements.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and team members effectively .
- Remain current on new technologies, methods and procedures.
- 3+ years working with Azure management or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with Powershell or other development languages.
- 3+ years of experience working in Live Site roles such as site reliability engineering or related services.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Familiar with Agile & SRE principles.
- Familiar with identity services such as Azure Active Directory.
- Proven experience with large scale Identity management.
- Programming experience with C#.
- Experience with Azure Monitor.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.