Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
That is what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver security solutions optimized for the world and that enable customers to drive their business more successfully.
The Microsoft Azure C+AI Security team helps customers secure their solutions using the Microsoft Cloud. The scale of platforms and services we build are among the largest in the world.
We are looking for energetic hands-on engineers to join a fast-paced team responsible for solving complex security and systems focused problems in the cloud security space. You will work closely with distributed engineering teams, product management, CXP, and customers in addition to the central Azure organization leveraging the best platforms that Microsoft has to offer.
This position is for a Software Engineer for the Azure Security team focused on powering the C+AI Security effort to protect our customers and Microsoft.
As a Security SW Engineer in our organization, you'll be responsible for building and maintaining the services that make up our internal and external cloud security offerings.
You will be required to be part of full stack development cycle from back-end to front-end and work closely with partner teams and Security analysts. We value passion, creativity, and desire to learn new complex technical areas, agility and accountability while pivoting a team towards greater result.Required Qualifications:
Preferred Qualifications: Experience wotrking on large scale online services, Azure highly preferred.
- 2+ years of software development: automation-related experience valued in particular. Scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, etc. or object oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java are most relevant but others are acceptable.
- This position requires US Citizenship to meet Federal government Security requirements.
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have a current Active Top Secret (TS) clearance at minimum.
- You must be willing to upgrade to Top Secret/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph or have a current active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph).
- This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) clearance.
- Bachelors degree or an additional 4 years direct industry experience.
- Knowledge of system design coupled with excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of an on-call rotation and to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Deep understanding of complex, large scale online services (preferably Azure based)
- Working knowledge of databases as well as Big Data systems and analytics/SQL skills
- Experience with Build systems and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Azure DevOps (VSTS)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.