Digital transformation is no longer just a buzz word - it's a reality. The Power Platform - consisting of Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, Power BI, & the Common Data Service - is at the heart of this transformation. The rapid growth of the platform has been powered by organizations across the globe leveraging its low-code high-productivity capabilities to accelerate their digital transformation journey.
Power Platform is a strategic new growth area for Microsoft. More importantly, it's a disruptor technology that's transforming careers of "citizen developers", empowering pro developers to amplify their skills by delivering building blocks to extend their reach in the business, and allowing IT developers to proactively manage the platform by putting guardrails in place that allow the business to safely innovate.
The charter of the Power Apps organization is to deliver the app platform capabilities of the Power Platform. With these capabilities, an organization can drive innovation and solve business challenges by empowering every employee to quickly build professional-grade, low-code apps.
We're looking for experienced engineers who are deeply passionate about building scalable, high performance, enterprise grade services based on Azure cloud technologies. As a software engineer on the team, your responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end ownership of features with a quality-first mindset
- Monitoring and support of modern services based on the Azure platform
- Collaborating across diverse teams of engineers to solve challenging problems for distributed, large-scale applications
- Debugging and handling of complex customer reported issues that span multiple services
Attention to scalability, resiliency, and performance is highly valued in candidates
5+ years of experience in software development
2+ years of experience with C#, ASP.NET, REST APIs, SQL, Azure, SaaS offerings
The ideal candidate is an experienced Software Development Engineer with a proven track record of delivering products.
- Real-world experience developing large scale online services with robust performance, resiliency, & telemetry
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a dynamic / agile environment
- A passion for improving engineering practices and producing high quality software
- Self-motivated and customer-focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.