Microsoft Direct to Consumer Channel is growing and we need experienced supply chain professionals to join our team! We offer a unique opportunity to develop and drive solutions in the strategic world of online retail. The supply chain team supporting our retail and online stores directly impact and improve customer experiences and act as the voice of the customer.
In overseeing and managing the Supply Chain relationship with Stores, the Direct Supply Planner role is pivotal to achieving optimal business results, ensuring the right product gets to the right place at the right time, with maximum efficiency and optimal cost. This role bridges the ideal customer experience with the most optimal end-to-end supply chain solutions, working collaboratively with the digital store group, supply/demand planning, merchandising, logistics, fulfilment and finance teams.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate skills in managing internal and external relationships, have a solid acumen for Supply Chain, business process and performance management and demonstrate deep experience in an end-to-end supply chain. Strong verbal and written communication skills, and analytical thinking are also necessary to have the right level of impact and influence. This role must adopt a strong position to represent the Supply Chain organization, both internally and externally, and to independently self-drive and collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve complex business challenges.
On a day to day basis, this position will:
- Be responsible for the 1st and 3rd Party product end to end supply chain from launch to return/liquidation and end of life
- Drive optimal fill rate and inventory weeks of supply to maximize revenue opportunities, ensure on-shelf presence and mitigate returns exposure
- Focus on response management with key stakeholders including but not limited to: Digital Stores, B&M Store Operations, Business Sales Operations, Supply Planning, Merchandising, Freight and Logistics and Customer Service and Support for timely resolution of issues/queries
- Explore methods of optimizing order management practices to expedite costs and across any Supply Chain customer touch point that will drive profitability. Champion order automation from create to invoice
- Provide thought leadership on best approach for the delivery of Microsoft products in the most effective, efficient, compliant and convenient way for to our end customers
- Challenge the status quo and adopt a challenger mindset - how can Microsoft more optimally service our customers? What are the strategies and how can Supply Chain enable these strategies to drive win/win business solutions? How can Microsoft leverage analytics, customer feedback and data to drive better upstream decision making and shared value?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of three years of experience in customer facing supply chain roles
- Experience in driving improvement and optimization initiatives across a matrixed organization
- Supply chain experience with a proven track record for influencing and improving processes to achieve outcomes. Retail / Ecommerce experience will be considered favourably
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Data-oriented, analytical and detail oriented, yet balanced with an ability to be able to step back from the data to draw out the correct business conclusions and insights for use by stakeholders
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.