Sr Manager, Minecraft Operations - Enforcement and Compliance
Minecraft inspires millions to create together and has created one of the most active and passionate player communities in the world. We're looking for an ambitious, results-driven leader with a passion for achieving high impact, high quality results to join our team.
This role on the Franchise Operations team requires strong PM skills, an ownership mindset from strategy through to execution, and the ability to collaboratively engage with partners and influence senior leaders. Equally important is the ability to lead and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
In this role, you will drive the strategy and implementation for two essential franchise workstreams. First you will lead our Intellectual Property Enforcement team to protect the integrity of the Minecraft brand for future generations. Second, you will raise the bar and evangelize the adoption of our Privacy, Safety, and Security standards. This role will partner closely with our CELA team and with game development teams to achieve both.
- In collaboration with our legal team and other internal stakeholders, develop and maintain Minecraft intellectual property enforcement strategy, policies and procedures, supporting the entire franchise on a global scale
- Lead the strategy for our franchise approach to Privacy, Security, and Safety
- Create and communicate strategy, plan, risks and status across a variety of stakeholders
- Continually refine plan and enforcement strategies to reduce infringements
- Collaborate with internal teams to maintain records on authentic products
- Respond to law enforcement and customs authorities requests for product identification
- Develop clear goals for enforcement and compliance and provide regular and ad hoc reporting Manage external enforcement partners
- Lead special projects and ad hoc requests as required
- 5+ years relevant work experience, preferably in the entertainment industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail and reporting accuracy. Demonstrated ability to turn data-driven analysis of complex situations into actionable insights and recommendations
- Very strong interpersonal skills (written and oral) and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of levels of personnel. Deep commitment to building strong partnerships is required with ability to uncover hidden needs and ideas, earn trust, and motivate stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and program management skills, with proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities, reprioritizing as necessary to align with current business objectives
- Detailed oriented & thorough, ability to think "big picture" and understand key trends and levers that drive the business
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to analyze/diagnose complex product and business challenges, formulate insights and recommendations, and motivate the broader organization to action with limited guidance
- Desire to learn: you have never ending curiosity in how the entertainment and technology sectors are evolving and you are eager to learn more
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with engineering teams to prioritize features and deliver products on time
- A Minecraft player with a love of the game and an understanding of the Minecraft community
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.