Come join the People & Presence family - it's at the core of Microsoft Teams!
We are looking for a creative, motivated Program Manager with high integrity and strong collaborative skills to deliver the next wave of People-focused experiences in Microsoft Teams.
As the collaboration hub for Office, Microsoft Teams enables people to find one another, organize and collaborate to achieve their goals. The people and presence team powers the experiences that enable people to find one another, learn about each other and connect at a personal level to improve collaborative outcomes. The People and Presence team powers presence status, focus mode, time-zone awareness, the contacts experience, people pickers, people profiles, and avatars in Teams. In addition to enterprise, this team also deals with the consumer experience. If you're passionate about delivering outstanding user experiences and high performance services at scale that enable people to express their unique personalities, find one another and connect to collaborate, this position is the perfect fit for you.
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We're in a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate and deliver value to customers. Our culture is open, respectful and empowering. There are ample opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback. Our colleagues are among the best in the industry and have worked on some of the most successful products in the world. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them. We're also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product.
- Partner collaboratively across Enterprise, Consumer, Vertical Solutions, and Chat Service to understand their business goals, user needs, and synthesize product plans.
- Deliver end to end people and presence features, including performing competitive research, requirements definition, user experience and delivery of capabilities.
- Manage dependencies across teams to ensure that features land on time with the required scope across desktop, mobile and web.
- Engage with customers and internal preview users, and triage, prioritize, and address customer feedback for your area.
- Regularly present new product roadmaps, status, demos, competitive reviews, and more to the leadership team.
- Drive deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms.
- Location: Bellevue, WA or Sunnyvale, CA
- 5 years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services
- Passion for Microsoft values and nurturing high performing teams that love to have fun.
- Innate curiosity and ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous and fluid startup environment. We look for self-starters and innovators with a positive, can-do attitude and bias for action.
- Strong affinity and experience in user-centered design, product thinking, UX design and innovating on behalf of the customer is required.
- Demonstrated experience across the entire product lifecycle - from competitive research, ideation, user centered design, specification, architecture and the know-how required to lead your crew to realize your vision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical.
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cognitive Science or related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.