Certified Performance in the following areas: Provide materials and packing cartons, efficiently inspect containers, label and move product, and safely operate lift equipment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Keeps work area clean and organized, removes cardboard and trash once per shift or more if needed
- Understand and practices general work rules, safety rules and good manufacturing procedures.
- Bails the Cardboard when Bailer is full
- Relieves assigned packer/material handlers for breaks
- Complete knowledge of forklift driving and understanding of the warehouse.
- Promotes Team Spirit with good communication skills to packers, operators and supervisors.
- Assists with training new employees.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device. Responsible for maintaining and adhering to established Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) and compliance requirements.
- Respond to any emergency or potential emergency.
- Constant vigilance and participation in GMP and practices.
- Assist in the prevention of nonconforming product from being shipped to customers.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Suggest actions for continual improvement to products, processes or systems and very the implementation of solutions.
- All other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Three to six months related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add and subtract and to multiply and divide. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified and trained in forklift operation. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, lean, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ASSESSMENTS TO BE TAKEN
- Verification of successful completion of forklift certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.