Do you wake up every morning hoping to find time to learn a bit more about platforms like Spark, Kubernetes, Typescript, or React? Are you interested in building your breadth of skills with technologies our cloud customers use everyday to help them build their businesses?
If so, our team, Commercial Software Engineering
, might be a good fit for you. We are a fast growing team of software engineers that work with our customers and partners to make the impossible possible. From our largest customers in the world to the smallest most strategic startups, we work engineering team to engineering team with our customers to help accelerate their adoption of our platforms, their adoption of modern engineering practices, and make the impossible possible such that we can help them solve business problems in the industries they work in.
We are a passionate team that take the craft of software engineering seriously and apply that to everything we do. We are motivated by the empathy we feel when we hear about difficulties our developers face - and we love nothing more than to roll up our sleeves and code with our customers, be it in San Francisco, Tokyo, Stockholm or Boise.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Responsibilities
- Leading a team of six software development engineers.
- Developing software to make communities, customers and partners successful on Microsoft platforms.
- Developing deep relationships with open source communities with high impact on Microsoft's platform business.
- Sharing knowledge with and providing guidance to customers, partners and communities worldwide.
- Impacting internal Microsoft teams to influence the future product roadmap and improve our current offerings through technical feedback.
- 2+ years of direct people management/tech lead experience for a team size of 3-10 developers.
- 7+ years experience with key open source languages and platforms like Tensorflow, Kafka, Cassandra, Go, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, node.js, .NET Core, Python.
- Bonus points for accepted pull requests on one of these platforms or telling us about a platform not on this list and why we should be involved in it.
- 5+ years of experience employing concepts like CI/CD, test driven development, pull requests and agile methodologies to projects to maximize the quality of the software a team writes together.
- Thrive with diversity. We are striving to build a diverse team utilizing a wide range of technologies while working with a global customer base. What we work on this quarter will not necessarily be the same as last quarter and that is one of the things we love about our team.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, including working across geographical distances. This is not a checkbox item but a critical success factor in our team.
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing. This experience doesn't have to be with Microsoft Azure - but having experience with one of the major public cloud platforms is vital.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.