Do you thrive on customer engagement? Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to business strategy? Do you want to work with talented engineering teams to solve technical problems? If you answered yes, then the Cosine Servicing and Delivery team may have the ideal role for you!
We are looking for an exceptional Program Manager who is independent, motivated, and customer obsessed to own and drive critical features and aspects of Windows. As a PM in the Customer Focused Engineering - Enterprise and Security team, you will work closely with partners across Microsoft to coordinate windows features and define strategy. In this role, you will engage with executives across the company to address critical requests from internal and external customers. You will also have the opportunity to design and drive the implementation of Windows related features and tools.
- Work cross-company to set the vision and drive execution for Windows release lifecycles
- Lead lifecycle related customer engagements balancing customer obsession with business needs.
- Translate requirements into technical/functional specifications
- Lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
- Track and drive projects
- Identify and quantify risk and anticipate bottlenecks
- Provide escalation management and make tradeoffs
- Identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems
- Gather requirements for future enhancements
- Develop documentation and technical collateral, as required
- Coordinate plans/projects across several engineering teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5+ years of program/project management or software development experience
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, proven track record of structuring and solving complex problems
- Demonstrated success in prior roles
- MS preferred in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Demonstrated success directly managing customer relationships
- Ability to be strategic, but also drive tactics and execution as needed
- Both technically adept and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization, from engineers to executives
- Highly effective communication including VP/Executive report outs or large cross team initiatives
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 556642695Posted: 2020-05-21