Data and Applied Scientist I
Come shape the way people around the world engage with the Microsoft products and services. The Foundational Experiences team is part of the Windows and Devices division. We are focused on using front-end and back-end services to deliver innovative, customer-focused Microsoft user experiences across devices and the web (aka service driven experiences).
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven, and collaborative Data and Applied Scientist to join our team to help build and deliver Intelligence through Data for the Account Experiences team.
Your responsibilities will include working closely with a variety of teams including program management, development, usability, research, and design to understand the key business questions for customer-facing scenarios. You will analyze robust data that will allow you to derive key insights to define success for those questions. You will examine the data to look for patterns and inconsistencies, then investigate until you understand the exact cause, propose solutions, and work with appropriate teams to address the issue or business metric.
As a Data and Applied Scientist, you will specialize in owning and analyzing the business questions for Microsoft Account experiences. Through your analysis and research, you will curate and maintain Key Performance Indicators which show trends towards achieving a business goal. You will learn and excel in ways to find patterns in the data that are harder to find but can lead to getting to our business objectives. Your analysis will not only show us what we are doing right or wrong in our current methodology, but also what customer segment and strategies we should invest more in, and how, for achieving and exceeding our goals.
If helping transform the way account.microsoft.com and Microsoft think about customer value and business value through industry leading data and analytics across literally BILLIONS of data points - this is the job for you! Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with EDA, Inference analysis, Predictive analysis (Regression, Classification etc.,) and forecasting.
- Ability to thrive in "start-up" environment, deal with ambiguity and drive clarity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Good understanding of predictive analytics process from data validation to model assessment, stability, and deployment monitoring
- Experience with Experiment Design and analysis is a plus.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent technical field
- 1+ years of relevant software experience with software development, data science/analytics or data modelling
- Experience with at least one high-level programming language: Python, R, C#, Java, C/C++
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.