Microsoft is leading the security industry with enterprise and cloud-based security products. Our team is at the forefront of this, with a focus on Azure Security Center (ASC), Azure Sentinel and Azure Network Security (Firewall, DDOS, WAF). We sit between our developers and our customers; and it's our job to create deep engineering relationships with the field, our customers, and our partners.
As a Business Intelligence PM, you'll play an important role in shaping our teams data analytics and reporting.
Our Mission: To drive usage and adoption of our security products and services through deep engineering relationships with the field, our customers and our partners.
What you'll do to help us achieve our mission:
Ideally, you demonstrate experience, passion, and proficiency in these areas:
- Collaborates effectively with and supports internal end-users, cross-functional software development teams, Database Administrators and Developers, and technical support and/or sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, implement new solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability.
- Builds data warehousing systems for business intelligence, reporting, and analytics.
- Assists in business report generation to internal and external customers for business decision making.
- Assists in data administration, modeling, and integration activities in data warehouse systems.
- Analyzes key metrics, data findings, error reporting, and performance management control; tests solutions and resolves issues; designs conceptual, logical, and physical data models; builds and maintains multiple databases; and provides analytical support.
- Experience designing PowerBI reports, data models, and dashboards. Very proficient with DAX language
- Strong understanding of best practices when working with large data sets and a complex model. We have 10+ data sources and millions of rows of data we work with. It is critical the candidate be well versed working at this scale.
- Manipulates and mines data from database tables, such as SQL server, Kusto, Log Analytics, and Cosmos
- Recommends enhancements and modifications to optimize business intelligence processes.
- Maintains documentations for all business intelligence
- Strong collaboration and communication skills for effective internal and external relationships
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to consolidate and integrate a wide range of inputs
- Technical curiosity and aptitude to quickly master service capabilities, technical issues, and business trends
- 3-5 years of experience - Determines business data reporting and analysis requirements, working with clients and business units to answer key business questions; and identifies new data requirements, analysis strategies, and reporting mechanisms.
- You are a fast learner and are willing to accept new challenges.
- You enjoy working on a team and collaborating both in person and remotely.
- You possess a strong desire to roll up your sleeves and make things happen.
- You are confident, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- You are willing to travel, sometimes extensively.
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
We thrive in a fast-paced work environment where there is always a new challenge. This gives you heaps of opportunities to showcase your talents, technical skills, and customer obsession. Your work will directly impact product engineering decisions based on customer experiences and data. If these are the things that excite you, we encourage you to submit your application today.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.