Come join the Distribution Services Platform client engineering team! We are part of the Edge Device Services team, within the Cloud + AI group. We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer who is self-driven, creative, and motivated to help us evolve the modern platform for discovery and distribution of content from across the company including OS, driver, and application content. This job offers tremendous growth opportunity for skilled and motivated engineers. There are challenging requirements for scale, reliability, maintainability, security, and resource utilization. Reach out to us to see what's next.
We are in the process of modernizing our distribution platform to achieve global scale with a modern service architecture all while supporting new scenarios across various platforms (including Linux). You will be responsible for building client-side technology for this effort as well as supporting our existing platform and customers. In this role, you will be partnering with multiple teams across Microsoft. If you are looking for impact, this is it. We own some of the most critical client and service components at Microsoft. We are a strong, experienced team and we need your help!
- Planning, costing, design, implementation, and validation of large-scale distribution scenarios and features
- Proof of concept applications of both our existing + new services to enable and inform our business
- Efficiently work with partners across Azure, Windows, Office, Xbox, HoloLens, Surface products
- Improve our ability to measure, detect, and resolve incidents in our ecosystem
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical/engineering discipline OR 7+ Years of Software Development Experience
- C/C++, REST
- Security, Scalability & Performance.
- Windows, Linux, and OS components + architecture.
- Cross platform design and development.
- Build pipelines, CI/DI, test automation.
- Shipping world class products.
- Great attitude, solid communication skills, and a desire to make a difference.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.