Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter Inventory & Asset Management (IAM) Technician, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and Bing search platforms.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With personnel safety, environmental sustainability, and data security at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations -- we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that make Microsoft a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global edge datacenter operations.
As the successful Datacenter Inventory & Asset (IAM) Technician, your performance objectives include:
• Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
• Providing remote support guidance to third party personnel physically executing to:
o Material movement, including shipping/receiving, inventory management/tracking, and inventory staging
o Preparation and execution of incoming/outgoing deliveries, documenting inbound/outbound packages
o Inventory cycle audits and various datacenter regulatory compliance or certification control audit activity
• Maintaining and stewarding up-to-date and accurate logical information within various inventory management systems. (e.g. configuration management databases, asset management repositories, etc.)
• Establishing and enhancing strong working relationships with multiple and varied internal teams and external suppliers
• Understanding and executing your assigned activities within a world-class ticket management platform and discipline specific tools or systems
• Delivering to world-class customer service principles through your interactions and engagements pursuant to above activities
• Demonstrating a strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
• Fostering the OneMicrosoft culture and values with your team - by promoting diversity and inclusion
• At least one year of warehouse/supply chain/logistics experience
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Certification in APICS/Inventory Control or equivalent
• Basic working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
• Knowledge of commercial invoices and harmonized codes
• Previous experience working in a datacenter environment highly preferred Background Check Requirements: (US Government Sites)
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.