Microsoft is looking for analytical & innovative Supply Planner to join World Wide Product Line of Business team, an influential group within the Devices Supply Chain organization, responsible for driving end to end supply chain strategy & performance to enable achievement of the financial & overall category targets for Microsoft devices such as Xbox, Surface & products of the future.
As a Supply Planner, you will own development, communication, and execution of a product supply plan, ensuring optimal availability (right product in the right place at the right time) and productive utilization of inventory across different regions & segments. You will partner with key suppliers, as well as channel, logistics and fulfillment teams on improving product availability, reducing overall supply chain costs, and optimizing working capital. You will leverage your creativity to solve complex inventory optimization problems in a scalable way and drive continuous improvement of supply planning processes by benchmarking against best practices.
- Supply plan management: Lead creation of the supply plan, optimizing cost and capacity utilization, ensuring service goals are achieved, and driving timely & accurate supply communications. Publish build plan to factories and track factory performance against plan, proactively managing all deviations & mitigating risks to meeting the supply commitment. Partner with logistics teams to determine and execute an optimal fulfillment of the supply plan. Work with demand planners & channel operations on balancing supply availability to enable sales opportunities & responsive solutions to changes in demand.
- Inventory management: Manage & monitor inventory health on the daily basis, identifying problem areas and driving appropriate actions to achieve inventory targets (weeks of supply, aging, E&O, order confirmation %, among others). Define allocation plans for constrained products, ensuring optimal inventory deployment across geographies & segments to achieve sell-through.
- New capability development: Recommend how to improve supply planning systems and processes to achieve greater efficiency & scale. Drive implementation & adoption of new capabilities.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics: Perform analyses & build 'what-if' scenario models to support decision making; work to improve data systems and develop new reporting tools to improve supply visibility & accuracy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of supply chain with prior experience in product supply planning, inventory management, procurement or manufacturing operations
- Strong analytical capabilities & experience with statistical tools (R programming, regression analysis, advanced Excel / VBA, SQL / ETL a plus)
- Strong process/system background and proven ability to rapidly understand, use and drive improvements in new processes/systems
- Strong critical thinking and ability to drive resolution in ambiguous situations
- In depth knowledge of MS Office Applications, including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Good business judgment & exceptional communication/presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree (BS/MS in supply chain, operations management, math/economics or engineering desired)
- MBA in Finance or Supply Chain management a plus
- APICS certification a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.