Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building platforms and SaaS offerings (IoT Central) to support a commanding share of the 20 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade.
As part of this, the IoT team is looking for an energetic Principal Program Manager to help drive IoT into the mainstream by serving as a key interface between Azure IoT Engineering and our field counterparts. This role requires product and sales knowledge, the ability to learn and understand everything we do and world class communication skills and drive. This is an opportunity to learn the full scope of what Azure IoT does and represent it well.
Successful candidates should have a proven track record of successful sales strategy for a technical product, excellent written and verbal communication skills, executive presence, the ability to independently drive cross-group engagements, and familiarity with the tools and processes of cloud and device developers building hyperscale and highly reliable solutions.
- Navigate the Microsoft field landscape to identify the customer opportunities where IoT solutions are most in demand. Understand/learn the key dimensions (region, vertical, etc) and break down silos to drive customer success
- Collaborate with the partner-facing teams to shape prioritization efforts, expose field and customers to validated solutions that meet their needs
- Funnel real world feedback into the engineering organization; covering feature demands, pain points, business model challenges, etc
- Lead and orchestrate demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest partners and customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- Provide strategic advice on newly emerging Information Technology business models including Internet of Things (IoT)
- Develop a deep understanding of everything Azure IoT is doing and has planned, and able to deliver to partners and customers via executive engagements
- You will be the thought leader in IoT space, sharing your expertise, coaching others, and leading by example
More about You:
- Passion for IoT - You must genuinely LOVE the industry and how Microsoft can play an important role in shaping the future - anything less just won't do
- You work effectively with external partners and understand the customer
- You are relentless in the pursuit of insight into how the product is doing in market - who loves it, for what scenarios and why
- Effective both in roles as a senior individual contributor and leader of a team. Care deeply about the cohesion and capability of the team as a whole
- Atleast 10 years of experience in product and/or Program management.
- Experience with IoT platforms, IoT PaaS Services, Edge runtimes
- Enterprise customer experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, migrations, and industry standards
- Enterprise customer experience with sales, design, and implementation of IoT solutions as well as competitive product knowledge
- Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow, Microsoft (or similar) customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, internal and external communities and Microsoft (or similar) partners
- Strong people negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning to drive Azure Consumption
- Experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused required
- Ability to tailor presentations to different audiences
- Working knowledge of performing market analysis, competitive tear-downs and customer research to validate project priorities and direction.
- Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others' benefit
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org