Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on a system, running in Azure, that processes $100B annually with platform scale that doubles every 18-24 months?
Our team builds and operates Microsoft's SAP platform, along with a portfolio of first-party and third-party applications and services, and is leading work to create a blueprint for the industry to drive business results through SAP on Azure. As a PM on our team you will define and build features that enable critical Microsoft business processes and inform our overall strategy for making Azure the best place for companies to run SAP.
We are a data-driven team with a clear focus on our customers and their needs, and are looking for a passionate, creative, and analytical Program Manager. The ideal candidate possesses strong program management skills, is experienced leading projects with complex dependencies, has a well-rounded technical background, and has demonstrated a proven ability to coordinate across teams. You will collaborate closely with our customers, partners, and end users to design and deliver world class experiences that help them manage cost, quality, and enterprise scale workloads.
- Engage directly with key customers and stakeholders to understand their pain points and ensure we're delivering the right solutions
- Lead design tradeoffs by applying a strategic understanding of the timing and rationale for design choices for feature areas
- Measure, understand, and improve our product offering
- Anticipate, identify, assess, and mitigate project risks and issues
- Lead collaboration across feature teams and ensure that the right people with the right knowledge and expertise are involved
- Drive thought leadership and showcase how to implement world class business platforms on Azure
Preferred, not required:
- 5+ years of Program Management experience
- Experience with a metrics-driven mindset; ability to experiment, learn, and improve
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to break down complex business problems into opportunities for the business
- Inherently curious, energized by large challenges, and interested in making a significant impact on a globally scaled business
- Excellent communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences that include customers, peers and executive leadership
- BA/BS in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent technical experience
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
- 7+ years of Program Management experience
- Experience in SAP
- Experience building Azure-based services
- Understanding of business processes in the Finance, Commerce, HR, or Supply Chain areas is a plus
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.